Thursday, August 20, 2009

Out with the Blue

When we moved into our home a year ago the lovely furnishings were provided by Rosslyn. We have completed some decorating using browns and reds and the bright blue sofa cushions no longer suited the living room. This summer I purchased tan suede fabric. I had a local merchant who makes bean bag chairs make me some zippers. Then I asked Anne to make the cushion covers. Anne is a Kenyan staff person who lives on campus and works for a Canadian family on campus. She is a very talented seamstress (in her free time).


Last evening Anne brought the new cushion covers and we had great fun making the switch!

Emily’s comment this morning is that the new colour is “nice but dull”. Emily is a flambloyant character which is why I enjoy her company when hanging out clothes and drinking chai ….. and then enjoy the peace when she leaves!

No comments: